Eyes that can see the divine,
Ears that hear the bliss,
Voices that utter a name –
Allah, Vishnu, Shiva, Jesus
Waheguru, Parvardigar, Eloah, HaShem –
Witness the power that is the same.
God is one, present everywhere
Like an atom unseen in the air;
Passion for the one supreme,
Searching the pious dream
That every holy book reveals,
Takes us to the ultimate truth and peace.
Fine belief this is that we all
Have nurtured since antiquity,
For it unifies, it gives us courage;
Its cursed crusades aren’t a lie
And yet the belief only multiplies;
A believer sees the God inside.
Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient
This glorious idea assures the devotee
Of support, of comfort, of being home;
In this grand scheme you’re not alone,
A guide walks by your side – this belief
Shows the seeker an end they hope.
- Regina Spektor’s Musical World and the Ephemeral Moments of Joy – Part I
- The Old Fortune-Teller’s Special Offer
- The Thousand Faces of Night – A Charcoal-Inked Raga
- Avicenna and the Turning Wheel
- Shakespeare’s Sonnet 107 and Timelessness